Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A yummy barbecue rib recipe with virtually no mess.
- 1 large aluminum foil, bag (17x15 inches)
- 1 (12 ounce) canregular cola
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 4 lbs short rib of beef, cut into 2-inch lengths
- Preheat oven to 450°F Place foil bag in 1-inch-deep jelly-roll pan. Spray inside of bag with nonstick cooking spray. Dust with flour.
- To prepare sauce, combine cola, tomato paste, honey, vinegar, salt, garlic and hot pepper sauce, if desired, in 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced.
- Dip each short rib in sauce. Place ribs in single layer in prepared foil bag. Ladle additional 1 cup sauce into bag. Seal bag; leave headspace for heat circulation by folding open end twice.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until ribs are cooked through. Carefully cut open bag.