Recipe by mightyro_cooking4u
From Diners, Drive-ins and Dives cookbook. Courtesy of Rick Schoenberger of BBQ Shack, Paola, Ks.
- 12 chicken wings (tips removed, split at the joints)
- 1⁄4 cup your favorite barbecue rub, All-Purpose (or your favorite rub)
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle just enough rub on the wings so you can still see the skin. You don't want the rub too thick. Then smoke the wings for approximately 2 hours at 250 degrees F.
- Serve the wings right out of the smoker, or cook them in a 350 degree deep-fat fryer for approximately 1 minute to crisp up the skin. If the wings have cooled down, let them fry until they are warm thoughout.