Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came across this recipe in a old cookbook.It really is perfect for picnics, get-togethers or a old fashioned BBQ. Make these the day before for a nice BBQ 8)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 seasoned pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- In large mixing bowl,combine first 7 ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Add the sausage and beef,combine mixture well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Form mixture into 16 patties.
- Put on grill 3-5 inches above hot coals.
- Grill for 4-8 minutes,on each side,or until done.
- **Leftovers can be frozen, seperate patties on pieces of foil when freezing.
- Thaw, & heat burgers to 350 for a half hour,or until heated.
- You may prepare patties, freezing, uncooked, but seperate patties on wax paper & freeze in freezer bags**.
These were really good. We left out the hot sauce and the kids gobbled them. My DH grilled them and we took a hint from another sausage burger recipe and made them thin and a little bigger than the bun so when they shrunk, they were the perfect size. Thanks!