Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very tasty. A small twist on what you think is a common meal. A personal favorite I've been making for the last 10 years through college and still today.
- 1 Polish sausage (Real not turkey)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
- 1 regular yellow onion
- 1 cup long grain rice or 1 cup white rice, mix
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sweet barbecue sauce (Regular,not flavored)
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- texas pete
- salt or pepper, taste
- crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh garlic
- -Prepare rice w/butter & salt as usual.
- -Pour two cans of beans(w/juice) in lg. sauce pan.
- -Add finely chopped onion and simmer on low for about 10 minute.
- -Once beans just start to split add sage and other spices to taste.
- -Fill lg. skittet 1/3 cup with warm water and wisk in bbq sauce.
- -Cut polish Sausage into 1/2 inch slices and lay flat in pan heat on med. flipping occasionly until meat begins to curl slightly( be careful not to burn or stick meat to pan). When Sausage curls the water/bbq mix should be pretty thick.
- -Mix Sausage/sauce into beans(hence the lg sauce pan.). Serve over rice.