Chef #456305's Note:
Very tasty. A small twist on what you think is a common meal. A personal favorite I've been making for the last 10 years through college and still today.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1-Prepare rice w/butter & salt as usual.
- 2-Pour two cans of beans(w/juice) in lg. sauce pan.
- 3-Add finely chopped onion and simmer on low for about 10 minute.
- 4-Once beans just start to split add sage and other spices to taste.
- 5-Fill lg. skittet 1/3 cup with warm water and wisk in bbq sauce.
- 6-Cut polish Sausage into 1/2 inch slices and lay flat in pan heat on med. flipping occasionly until meat begins to curl slightly( be careful not to burn or stick meat to pan). When Sausage curls the water/bbq mix should be pretty thick.
- 7-Mix Sausage/sauce into beans(hence the lg sauce pan.). Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Sausage Red Beans and Wild Rice
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.9
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.9 mg
- Sodium 1009.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 29.3 g