Recipe by Margie99
I got this from the Bob Evans website. I think I would probably make 3 quesadillas instead of 2 and for our family we would use regular sausage instead of the spicy stuff.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Used some sweet and sour bbq sauce with honey flavor, had on hand.. The flavors were good, and easy to do. Kids wanted some diced onions on them, I ledt them out though. Made for PRMR>
- 1 lb bob evans zesty hot sausage
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 -10 inches flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet over medium heat crumble and cook sausage and onions until brown. Stir in barbeque sauce.
- Lay 2 of the tortillas on a flat surface. Top each with 1/4 c cheese. Divide sausage mixture between the two. Sprinkle each with 1/4 c more cheese. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a small amount of oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook one quesadilla at a time until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.