Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Don't knock it till you try it. It goes great with any meat dish. You will be plesantly suprised at the taste.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- In a small skillet saute bacon and onion together.
- In a 2 quart baking dish combine all sauerkraut, tomatoes, brown sugar, bacon and onions.
- Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 2 hours.
- Sauerkraut should look carmelly around the edges.
This was so good! We had a cook-out and it was the perfect topping for the brats and hotdogs! We've added this one to our family favorites!
Nicely sweet and tangy. This is really good sauerkraut. I only baked mine for 1 1/2 hours and that was plenty. I think this would be good with sliced hot dogs in it. It's yummy over potatoes! Thanx for sharing!