Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From The Next Food Network Star, contestant Adrien Sharp. According to the web site, this is approximately the recipe. I can't wait to try it.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagelarge button mushrooms
- 1 lb pepper bacon, room temperature, slices cut in 1/2
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Cut the stems off the mushrooms, rinse briefly and dry them well with paper towels.
- Wrap each mushroom with the bacon strip halves, covering the cap of the mushroom. The bacon should stick to the mushrooms (no need for toothpicks).
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, saute the bacon wrapped mushrooms until the bacon is golden brown. Just as the bacon begins to crisp up a bit, add the BBQ sauce and toss until coated.
Oh my gosh, this is just wonderful. This is so simple yet so wonderful! Bacon and mushrooms - probably two of my most favorite foods so I knew these would be delicious. I will make these again and wow my guests.