Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a variation of "All-American Barbecue Sauce" found at http://fp.enter.net/--rburk/sauce-rub-marinade/barbecuesauce/all-amer.txt it leaves a little kick in your mouth and you begging for more.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup hunt'z ketchup (hot)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 11 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- In medium-sized saucepan, heat butter over medium-low heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes, but do not allow them to brown.
- Stir in ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Divide into jars, cool and freeze or refrigerate for 2 to 3 weeks.