Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mom and grandma would spend the day making this sauce in a huge vat and canning this the rest of the day. This is a much smaller recipe so you won't have 25 mason jars of sauce ;-) This is the only BBQ sauce I like.
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke (hickory flavor)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste (more if you like it thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 cup sugar
- Cook for 45 minutes on low heat (will burn easily).
This was very sweet! I would definately cut some of the sugar next time.