Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've been making my own BBQ sauce for about 8 years now and can no longer stand buying it in the store. I usually don't measure what goes into my sauce but I gave it a shot and decided to just list the base ingredients and generalized amounts. If you use this recipe please realize that you will need to taste and correct your sauce as you go. If you are a exact amount kind of person then this may not be to your liking but I find it the most enjoyable way to experience the wonders of cooking =)
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (broken up with minimum clumps)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cajun spices
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Mix Apple Cider Vinegar and Brown Sugar in medium saucepan and heat on medium-low until Brown Sugar dissolves.
- Mix in all other ingredients and heat on medium stirring frequently for 20mins.
- Taste sauce and add what you think it might need. BBQ sauce is all about personal preference so please experiment and HAVE FUN!