Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a WONDERFUL barbeque sauce that I developed. It's GREAT on ribs or chicken.
- 1 cup cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons any steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all the ingredients in a heavy non-reactive saucepot and gradually bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat slightly to obtain a gentle simmer.
- Simmer the sauce until reduced by a quarter, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Use right away or transfer to a large jar, cover, cool to room temperature& refrigerate.
- The sauce will keep for several months.
I made this BBQ Sauce to go with chicken tonight for dinner and I must say this was simply delicious! I used onion powder instead of onion flakes, minced garlic, and I used 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar but it still turned out great. It was a tad bit thinner than we are used to, the next time I make it I might add a TBSP or two of cornstarch to thicken. Overall this was an excellent recipe and I will definitely be making again!! Thank you so much for posting.
Used on chicken on the grill. Came out great. I used garlic powder instead of the granules and it worked fine. We all loved the sauce and will use it again, possibly on pork next time around! Thank you for sharing!
I agree, this is an excellent BBQ sauce! It's sweet and smokey just the way we like it. I used it on chicken but I'm also going to try it as the base for pulled pork sandwiches as it came out a little thinner than I am used to. The first thing DH said when he walked in the door was how good dinner smelled. Always a nice compliment both to the chef and the recipe creator! He couldn't believe this didn't come from the store. Thank you for posting your original recipe, it's a hands down winner in our book. :)