Recipe by Alan Leonetti
This is a WONDERFUL barbeque sauce that I developed. It's GREAT on ribs or chicken.
Top Review by Cathy and Jonathon
I made this BBQ Sauce to go with chicken tonight for dinner and I must say this was simply delicious! I used onion powder instead of onion flakes, minced garlic, and I used 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar but it still turned out great. It was a tad bit thinner than we are used to, the next time I make it I might add a TBSP or two of cornstarch to thicken. Overall this was an excellent recipe and I will definitely be making again!! Thank you so much for posting.
- 1 cup cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons any steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a heavy non-reactive saucepot and gradually bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat slightly to obtain a gentle simmer.
- Simmer the sauce until reduced by a quarter, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Use right away or transfer to a large jar, cover, cool to room temperature& refrigerate.
- The sauce will keep for several months.