Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great recipe. It was given to me from a very dear friend. I use it on babyback ribs that I put in foil pan and cover with onion and sauce and cook on the grill on low for 4-5 hours. Hope you enjoy. For hot and spicy bbq sauce add optional tobasco. Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle Heinz ketchup
- 6 tablespoons wrights liquid smoke
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 8 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bottle Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in sauce pan.
- Bring to boil on medium high heat.
- Simmer on medium low for 15 minutes stirring frequently.
- Refrigerate overnight before using.
5 Stars! Excellent Sauce! Thank you so much for posting.
I love this BBQ Sauce!!! I added the tabasco and I'm glad I did. Sweet on the tongue and spicy in the back of the mouth :) Thanks nmomsmemory.... Made for PAC spring '09
Easy directions with ingredients usually in the pantry. Used a whole cut up chicken and it was outstanding. Loved the slow cooking, the chicken just melted in your mouth. Adopted from Spring 2008 PAC.