Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was one I remember my mother making quite often. I have added and adjusted this recipe over the years as the original had no measurments. She just eyeballed it. I think it has the right amount of sweet and kick. Please feel free to adjust seasonings to your taste.
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Karo syrup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spanish gardens taco seasoning
- In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until it reaches your desired consistancy. Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- *I have also sauteed minced onion & garlic and cooked in the sauce.