Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
A delicious homemade bbq sauce to serve with steaks, suasages, hamburgers or even to marinate thin fillet steaks in.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 300 g peeled canned tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon French mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oil in saucepan and add onion and garlic over a low heat and cook until softened.
- Add all other ingredients and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes until thickened.
- Set aside to cool and if you prefer smooth sauce, blend the sauce or you can leave it chunky.