Recipe by Impera_Magna
When I made BBQ out of leftover turkey, it always disappeared very quickly. Now that the kids are gone, I actually have enough to freeze and it is just as good when enjoyed later. I got the recipe from a friend of a friend back in the mid-70s when I lived in MS.
Top Review by Cyn
I really liked this recipe! I had pulled pork that I wanted to turn into BBQ pork but was out of bottled sauce so I used this recipe to make my own. Very easy and very tasty! I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons white sugar or 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients in med saucepan; simmer 20 minutes.
- TO MAKE BBQ: Add appx 4 c cut-up cooked meat, such as beef, pork, chicken, or turkey, to saucepan and cook over low heat for 2 hrs til sauce is absorbed.
- Note: I have tried reducing the amt of oil but the BBQ tends to burn unless very carefully watched.
- Next time, I will try making the BBQ in my slow cooker and see if that helps.