Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
We made this in the summer, twice, turned our great, will be trying it in the broiler soon.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb mixed salad green
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato cocktail juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- For the rub: In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, salt, allspice, cumin, white pepper and paprika.
- Mix well and sprinkle all but 1 1/2 tablespoons of the rub on all sides of the salmon.
- Cover salmon and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Reserve the 1 1/2 tablespoons of rub for the vinaigrette.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Lightly apply a thin film of olive oil to the salmon fillets.
- Grill over high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or to desired doneness.
- For the mixed greens and vinaigrette: Clean and refresh the greens; dry thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato-vegetable juice cocktail, vinegar, tomatoes, olive oil and reserved rub.
- Mix well and toss with the greens.
- Divide greens among plates.
- Top each plate with a salmon fillet and spoon any remaining vinaigrette over the salmon.