Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Here's a wonderful,easy recipe for a cook-out, or other get-together! I make this often, usually for dinner for my family. I love salads, and have been trying to get my hubby to eat more salads. This one's actually filling. The prep time includes time for cooking the pasta.
- 1⁄4 cup stuffed green olive, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (don't use Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 ounces shell macaroni (or other small pasta shape)
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 dill pickle, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- crisp greens
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain macaroni. Drain liquid from olives and combine with mayonnaise, vinegar, chili powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Toss dressing with macaroni, garbanzos, tuna, pickle, onions, parsley and garlic.
- Heap into a salad bowl lined with crisp greens; garnish with halved stuffed olives.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if using.