Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Delicious appetizers or party treats
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap each chestnut in a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the wrapped chestnuts on a cookie sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Mix catsup and brown sugar.
- After getting the chestnuts out of the oven, carefully drain off grease.
- Dip each bacon-wrapped chestnut in the catsup mixture and coat well.
- Place back on cookie sheet and bake again for 35 minutes or until the catsup coating becomes rather sticky.
I've served this dish for about a year now at every party I've attended, and they always fly off the plate. The recipe has been pasted from friends through the years... Great recipe!