Recipe by Captain_67
Rub it on your Ribs or your Butt !! A sneaky but tasty twist to most pork rubs.
Top Review by Syrinx
Superb spice rub. I used smoked paprika, since I had no plain, and applied the rub liberally to a pork tenderloin fillet, which I roasted in the oven. It was excellent, and the spice rub was a big hit with everyone. Reviewed for Pick A Chef, Fall 2007.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients.
- Sprinkle onto meat of your choice.
- Rub into meat.
- Let meat marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Bake or smoke pork until internal temperature reaches the magical "Fall off the bone" temperature of 200F (93C).
- 1 teaspoon of natural meat tenderizer is optional.