Recipe by Bergy
If you love lamb you will love this recipe. It is from "Cooking Pleasures"
Top Review by JustJanS
Bergy and I share a mutual love of lamb, so I knew this recipe would be excellent!! I have never seen lamb chops so thick in Australia, so it's been in my cookbook for a long time. Yesterday, I had the bright idea to cook my thinner lamb chops, then pile the filling on top of them and finish them under the griller (broiler) for about 2 minutes. What a great idea, and what a fantastic recipe. This would also work with a steak, pork or chicken fillet, just using different herbs. Thanks Bergy.
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup black oil-cured olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, well drained & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 8 lamb loin chops, 1 1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl stir together the filling ingredients (youcan do this up to 4 hours in advance and refrigerate, covered) With a sharp knife cut a pocket in each chop righr back to the bone.
- Stuff each pocket with a tbsp of stuffing and secure with a tooth pick (this may be done upto 2 hours ahead of cooking, refrigerate) Brush chops with oil, salt& pepper.
- Heat BBQ medium heat.
- Spray grill wiyh oil.
- Grill 4-6" from heat.
- Cook12-15 minutes for medium, for the last few minutes turn the chops on edge to crisp the outside Remove toothpicks& serve.