Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
I love BBQ. So I thought BBQ roast would be real good. So I made up this recipe and it turned out pretty good.
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- rub onion,garlic, lemon pepper,& red pepper on roast.
- heat cast iron skillet with oil.
- put in roast and brown roast.
- pour BBQ sauce, ketchup, honey and water over roast.
- turn roast over a few times to get BBQ mixture all over.
- put foil over cast iron skillet and meat.
- Cook for 2 1/2 hours.
My family t;hought this was really really good. We ate it sliced the first night and the next night, I ground up the leftovers in my food processer and added more BBQ sauce and we ate it on buns and had chopped beef sandwiches. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for PAC Fall/2008.
Very good. Sweet and tasty. The meat was very tender and flavorful. I had to omit the lemon pepper b/c I didn't have any. Was still yummy!