Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This came from Rice-a-Roni. It's a great comfort food.
- 1 lb ground beef, browned, drained
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) package beef flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Saute rice mix with butter over medium heat until golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 2-1/2 cups water, seasoning package and corn.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in bbq sauce and ground beef.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and let stand 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
I planned on making this, but what I ended up with was substantially different. I discovered I only had about 1 T barbecue sauce left, so I made up the difference with salsa. I used 2 cans of corn, which I did not measure, but I think it is more than 2 cups. I think it turned out ok, but I am sure it would have been better as written.
This was surprisingly good! I would have given it 5 stars but my dh thought that the bbq sauce was too strong. I thought it was perfect so i compromised with the 4 stars. Thanks a lot for posting!
I was really shocked about how good this is! Let me start by saying I cut out the step of pre-browning the ground beef. I brown my rice mixture to the desires color, then crumble in the beef and cook it until done, and drain if there is any fat. I used Sweet Baby Rays original BBQ sauce. I was worried the BBQ sauce would over power everything, but it added interest with out smothering out anything else. The cheese amount was alos perfect. I found another quick fix meal that is high in flavor for those no brainer kind of nights!