Recipe by Tinapeach04
Amazing rib recipe! with lower sugar!
Top Review by sn2bthin
This is a great make ahead dish for the family or a crowd as the long cooking time can be done the day before and then just grill for a short time before serving. They were delicious and everyone was asking for the recipe!
- 2 pork spare rib racks, halved crosswise
- 1⁄2 barbecue seasoning (like mcormick grill mates)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄3 cups barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup apricot fruit spread
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a broiler-pan bottom with foil.
- Whisk Dry Rub ingredients in a small bowl; rub on both sides of ribs. transfer to prepared broiler pan rack; cover tightly with heavy-duty foil. Roast ribs 1 1/2 hours until meat between ribs is fork tender
- Mopping Sauce: Combine 3 ingredients in a 2 qt sauce pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 mins until sauce has reduced slightly and thickened; cool.
- Bring grill to medium high heat. grill ribs, mopping them with sauce and turning them till slightly charred and glazed (10-12 mins).
- Transfer ribs to cutting board. Cut into single or double rib portions.