Recipe by Chef Dee
We love BBQ ribs, especially homemade. I took a copycat recipe and made some changes that gives the sauce a sweet tangy flavor. I always make extra sauce so I can keep pouring over the ribs as they are roasting.
Top Review by creativekat
I made these for our superbowl party and they were a huge hit. I will never buy prepackaged ribs again!!! I also made up some of the bbq sauce for little smokies in the crockpot. Fabulous as well. Great recipe
- 5 lbs pork baby back ribs
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the ribs into smaller segments, then simmer for one hour until tender.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a saucpan and bring them to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 min's.
- Place meat side down in roast pan, brush with the sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 30 mins at 325.
- Turn the ribs over and brush again with the sauce, return to oven for another 20 min's.
- Brush more sauce on the ribs, return to the oven for another 10 min's.
- If you like darker ribs, turn on the broiler for a few minutes when they are almost done, and watch closely while they darken.