Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I had this for Christmas dinner this year. It turned out quite well. Pretty easy to do too. I used an 18 qt. electric roaster. I cooked 16 lbs. of country style pork ribs for about 12 hrs. at 225. All 16 lbs. were cooked to perfection. No turning was necessary unless you want to. Enjoy!
- 16 lbs country-style boneless pork ribs
- 1⁄2 gallon bill johnsons barbecue sauce
- kc masterpiece barbecue seasoning
- oil, for searing
- Season ribs then sear on all sides in frying pan set to medium. Make sure you add oil to the pan.
- When done searing ribs, place a layer in the bottom of your roaster, pour BBQ sauce over that layer. Put another layer on top of the first layer, more BBQ sauce. Repeat until all ribs are in roaster.
- Pour BBQ sauce on top.
- Pour about 12 ozs. of water down the side so ribs won't stick.
- Put lid on roaster and roast at 250°F for 12 hours Just keep checking for tenderness. Could be less cooking time if the ribs are not huge. Mine were huge and thick. If your roaster gets too hot at 250 just adjust the temp so they cook slowly. These are rib stickin' good.