1/3 Photos of BBQ Ranchero Chicken Salad
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 1-1/2 lbs.
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens, torn (6 cups packed)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups jalapeno pepper cheese, your favorite (6 oz.)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can ripe olives, sliced, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fat free ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1Brush both sides of chicken with barbecue sauce; grill or broil about 5" from heat source 6 minutes per side, or until juices are clear.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, 3/4 cup cheese, pepper, corn, black beans, olives and green onions; mix well.
- 3Combine dressing, chili powder and cumin; mix well.
- 4To serve, divide lettuce mixture onto 6 serving plates.
- 5Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2" thick slices; arrange over lettuce. Drizzle salads with dressing and sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Chicken may be cooked, cooled, covered and refrigerated up to 1 day before serving.
- 6Reheat chicken or served chilled.
- 7Lettuce mixture and dressing may be prepared separately, covered and refrigerated up to 4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Ranchero Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 1002.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens