Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very flavorful salad that I've been making for years. I always get requests for this recipe.
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds, roasted
- 2 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 tablespoon barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients,save the next 3 ingredients to top the salad just before serving.
- For Dressing-.
- Combine all dressing ingredients, add to raisin cabbage mixture.
- Just before serving sprinkle on sunflower seeds add optional ings. if using.