1/1 Photo of BBQ Quail with Honey-mustard Dressing
Russell found this recipe for quail in a Melbourne newspaper and plans to cook it for me soon (if I have my way!) The recipe suggests it serves 4 for a main course or 8 as an appetiser.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 quail, split and backbone removed
- 2 liters chicken stock
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- 8 rosemary sprigs
- 2 limes, zest of
- olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Bring the chicken stock to the boil.
- 2Clean the quail, and pat dry.
- 3Place the quail in the boiling stock, and return quickly to the boil-cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Drain and dry the quail and stuff with the herbs and lime zest.
- 5Brush with oil and season well.
- 6Cook on a medium BBQ grill for 7-10 minutes, turning regularly.
- 7Place the cooked quail in a warmed serving dish, pour over the dressing, and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 8DRESSING: Whisk all the ingredients together.
Browse Our Top Quail Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quail Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Quail with Honey-mustard Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 734.6
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 180.9 mg
- Sodium 1177.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 56.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs
limes, zest of