1/1 Photo of BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches - Sloooow Cooked in Your Crock Pot
10 hrs 20 mins
The aroma that will fill your house is ALMOST as delicious as the tender shreds smokey, Bar-b-Que flavored pork shoulder. Serve on warmed potato hamburger buns, with your best coleslaw!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 lbs pork shoulder (aka "Boston Butt", NOT loin. Have your butcher tie it for you, you want the STRINGY SHOULDER!)
- 1/4 cup Emeril's Original Essence (or your other favorite BBQ rub mixture.)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I like fire-roasted)
- 1/2 cup ketchup (Heinz)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1Spread seasoning run liberally over all meat. Place rubbed roast into a large Zip-Lock plastic bag. Chill overnight, or at least several hours. Recommend you make sauce at the same time, so it's ready to go the next day.
- 2Preheat regular oven to 225, or crock pot to medium/low.
- 3In a large, heavy Dutch oven, heat oil to medium. Brown the seasoned roast until all sides are caramelized. Remove excess fat. Combine all SAUCE ingreadients, and pour over meat. Cover and cook for 8 - 10 hours.
- 4Remove meat from pan. Place on large plat and cover with foil until cool enough to handle. Whilie meat is cooling, combine the cornstarch and beef broth with a fork, to remove lumps. Add this thickening agent to the sauce in the pan, to creat the BBQ sauce. Bring to a gentle boil, without the lid, and simmer until thickened. Taste for seasonings.
- 5When meat is cool, shred meat by pulling with a fork. Add meat to sauce, and discared any fat and butcher's twine. Simmer approximately 30 minutes to let flavors meld. Serve as a sandwich on warm potato hamburger buns with coleslaw &/or potato salad. Many people like the slaw ON the sandwich. Freezes well.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches - Sloooow Cooked in Your Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.6
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.5 mg
- Sodium 699.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence
low sodium beef broth