Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is an easy recipe to make your own barbecue pulled pork in the crockpot.
Make and share this BBQ Pulled Pork (Crock-Pot Recipe) recipe from Food.com.
- 5 lbs boston butt (also called pork shoulder)
- 1 lb light brown sugar (approximately)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce (approximately)
- 1 (28 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (your favorite brand)
- I like to use a crockpot liner for this. Take Boston Butt and place in crockpot.
- Cover meat with brown sugar. I usually make it about 1/2 inch thick on top and stick some to the sides.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce over meat and down the sides until the bottom of the crockpot is JUST covered.
- Cover and cook on low in crockpot for about 8 hours.
- When finished, shred with two forks, add some of the juice from the crockpot to the meat, then add as much BBQ sauce as you would like.
Loved how simple this recipe is. Turned out good, but plan on using less sugar next time (a bit sweet for our tastes). Also, didn't realize I should have drained juices and it was a bit fatty and oily since I just threw the bbq sauce in after cooking and called it done. My mistake, so I give this recipe 5 stars for the simplicity and yummyness!
Not sure why I haven't reviewed this recipe. I have been using this recipe for almost 2 years and it is now my go to for pulled pork. It is so simple and delicious. In fact my mom loved is so much that I gave her the recipe and now it's her go to. Make exactly as written.