Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an old recipe we were served a lot growing up. It was the alternative to mashed or baked potatoes at the time. This seems to always go over well at potlucks. It's not gourmet by any means, but it's easy and kids like it.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups thinly sliced red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, scalded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Mix flour salt and pepper.
- In a glass 9x13 pan, layer potatoes, onion, flour mixture and cheese twice.
- Combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and milk.
- Pour over potato layers and dot with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, stir and continue to bake and additional 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a little extra shredded cheese and bacon.