Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Indoor Or Outdoor BBQ Potatoes. Either way they come out yummy. For better clean-up in oven you can also do the foil!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 lbs medium red potatoes, quartered
- BBQ~ grill or oven.
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- In large bowl, combine, chili powder, honey, garlic powder, pepper and butter.
- Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Spoon potatoes in greased 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Bake 40-50 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- BBQ--wrap and seal in foil; place on grill for about 30 minutes until tender!
I couldn't stop eating these potatoes - didn't care if I had anything else! I had to use regular baking potatoes and guess at the amount. I also substituted 1 tsp of a combination garlic, parsley and salt combination for the garlic powder. I wrapped it in double foil and DH cooked it on a covered BBQ grill. The chili - honey -garlic flavor with a bit of blacking from the butter is totally addicting!
I mixed everything, cut the 'taters and tossed in a big bowl. I then covered it and put it in the frige for a few hours while I got everything else for our BBQ ready. I cooked them in the oven and they came out really good. My BF said they sort of tasted like sweet potatoes. I think this sauce would be good on chicken or pork too. Thanks!
AT my house, we really love our taters. These are so addictive. I followed the recipe exactly. Wrapped them in heavy-duty foil and cooked on the grill. OMG!! These were so great. The spice blend was the best. I should have doubled the recipe because we could not stop eating them. Thanks Poker :-)