Recipe by Derf
As everyone else says of their recipes, "the best ever" bbq potatoes.
Top Review by Kat in Texas
These ARE the best! Made them last night, along with bbq chicken. I've made a similar recipe for years - cutting the potato in half, inserting a thick slice of onion, wrapping the potato with a slice of bacon and then covering with foil. But this recipe is MUCH better. Can do these in the oven as well, but (as always) it's better when done on the bbq. Thanks for sharing this!
- 6 baking potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 small Spanish onion, cut in 6 wedges
- 1 sweet green pepper, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 strips bacon
- parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes, cut V shaped wedge lengthwise out of top or each one.
- Sprinkle cut sides with salt and pepper.
- Insert onion wedge in each, top with green pepper and 1 teaspoon butter.
- Wrap bacon around each potato.
- Place on square of foil and wrap foil tightly around potato.
- Cover and bake on grill over medium hot coals or on medium setting, turning occasionally for 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Fold back foil, return potatoes to bbq.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes longer to crisp bacon.
- For the last 5 minutes, sprinkle with parmesan if using.