Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Usually we just use spices, but sometimes we go all out and put veggies in the mix. Today is one of those days.... here's a recipe you can modify to your bbq liking.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon montreal steak spice
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 green pepper (optional)
- 1 red pepper (optional)
- 8 white mushrooms (optional)
- Slice potatoes into 'chips' and place on tinfoil sheets with margarine spread on them.
- Sprinkle with all 3 seasonings.
- BBQ for about 15 minutes.
- The optional peppers and stuff, go in between the potatoes. Cook for about 15 minutes or so. the potatoes taste good either way.
I was BBQing chicken kebobs and wanted a tater recipe to put on the BBQ too - This was perfect - I didn't add any peppers or mushrooms but it was still delish with the garlic, onion & Montreal steak spice. I found that they took 1/2 hour I had them on the lower temperature side of the grill. Opened them up for the last 15 minutes to let them brown. Thanks Sheri for sharing the recipe
I did these in the oven b/c of my poor planning.LOL!!!They turned out good anyway though. I didn't have Montreal Steak seasoning but I did have Montreal Chicken seasoning so I used that instead. I sliced them thin so they would cook faster. I used cooking spray instead of butter and I think it would've turned out better with the butter. I just think it would have had a better flavor. I also only did this with the potatoes. I didn't use any peppers or mushrooms.