Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5fix. Brings the greatness a "Juicy Lucy" and a veggie style burger to any meal.
- Drain black beans and then place in a food processor. Pulse a few times, if you don't have a food processor use a fork to mash the beans. The beans don't have to be completely smooth, some chunkiness will just add to the texture.
- Combine beans, potatoes, and BBQ sauce into a bowl and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 6 even portions, from these 6 portions divide them in half with one half being slightly bigger than the other.
- Take the larger portion and form it into a patty that is about 4" in diameter.
- Take a slice of Swiss cheese and fold it twice so that it almost resembles a square, then place into the center of the patty.
- Take the other half of the portion and form into a patty that is slightly smaller than the bottom one and place on top of cheese.
- Take the patties and fold the bottom one gently folding on to the top and fold the edges into each other. Repeat steps for other 5 patties.
- Place patties in the refrigerator for 30 minutes so to help hold the form when cooking. Patties can be made in advance and left in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- When ready to cook patties heat the oil in a skillet on medium low. When the oil is ready place the patties in the skillet for 6-7 minutes and then flip to the other side and allow to cook for an additional 5 minutes.