Recipe by Bergy
Easy recipe and comes out with a wonderful flavor. Use Baking Potatoes for this recipe. I like to put extra onions around the potatoes as it is difficult to get a lot between the cuts. The onions will char but the flavor goes right into the potatoes Serve with sour cream and bacon bits if you like
Top Review by e5i50
I LOVED this recipe! I had issues with fitting the onion slices into the cuts, so I lay the onion slices flat in 2 layers of 3 each. Since I was making Sicilian Steak (Bistecca Alla Siciliana) as the main course, I placed a slice of prosciutto between each layer instead of using bacon bits. My compliments on a great recipe!
- 4 baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 medium onions, peeled,sliced fairly thin,you need 24 slices
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 44.37 ml butter
- salt and pepper
- 4 piece heavy aluminum foil (or double foil)
- 113.39 g sour cream (optional)
- 59.16 ml bacon bits (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make 6 cuts across the potato but do not cut through.
- Place a slice of onion in each slit.
- Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle on the garlic, salt& pepper.
- wrap tightly in the foil, seal all the joins.
- BBQ over medium heat for apprx 1 hour, turning occasionally, the time depends on the size of the potato.
- If you choose top with the sour cream and bacon bits.