Recipe by MarieRynr
Poached in a sauce that's sweet and tangy, tender strips of boneless pork become a quick and tasty barbeque style dish. Adapted from Gourmet magazine, April 2005.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup-style chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trimp pork of excess fat and silver skin, then cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices. Cut eat slice into 3 strips.
- Cook onion in oil in a 4 quart heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add pork and simmer, covered, until pork is cooked through and tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer pork with a slotted spoon to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Boil remaining sauce, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Pour sauce over pork.