Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Best ever pork steaks...cook these just they're ribs.
Make and share this BBQ Pork Steaks recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -8 enter cut pork steaks, about 1/2-3/4 inch thick (1 per person, 2 for a "Hungry Jack")
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika (a wonderful over-the-counter product containing the above ingredients is called "Bad Byron's Butt Ru)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Rub steaks on both sides- about 1 tsp per side.
- Rest in fridge for 30 minutes Prepare smoker with 1/2 mesquite and 1/2 hickory wood chunks and smoke meat for at least 1 hour at a temperature of about 250.
- Turn once or twice.
- Add more wood if necessary.
- Remove steaks from smoker to a roasting pan.
- Brush on 1/2 of the BBQ sauce.
- Cover with foil and cook in oven for 90 minutes@300.
- Remove from oven a brush on a light coating of more sauce.
- Cook on a medium-heat charcoal or gas BBQ, turning, adding more sauce a few times, enough to get a nice caramailzed, dark crust, usually about 10-15 minutes.
- Eat, enjoy.
We both loved this. Super simple and a great way to fix pork steaks, which can be less than tender if not done properly. I made the recipe exactly as posted, except to reduce portions for just the two of us. Also, I applied the dry rub several hours before baking with excellent results.
Tasty simple recipe! Because I was pan frying the steaks I cut back on the BBQ sauce and put in on for the final cooking stages. The rub is excellent - I rubbed that on the steaks early in the day . Thanks Scott for a keeper
I omitted the smoking and the sauce steps, and using only the rub and the BBQ these were just fine.