Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy to do, tasty combination of flavors. I was just playing around, had a pork steak and threw this together. Hope you try it and like it. Preparation time does not include marinating time.
- 4 pork steaks or 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4 inch to 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot paprika (Hungarian preferred)
- 1 teaspoon sage, dried
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, mashed
- Mix all the ingredients except pork steaks.
- Rub spice mix all over the steaks.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and put in fridge overnight or 2 hours at room temperature.
- Have the BBQ HOT and sear the chops for 2 minutes each side.
- Turn BBQ down to medium and continue cooking apprx 6 minutes each side or until internal temperature reaches 160-170F.
Oh my was this tasty!! I have been looking for a great grilled pork recipe and I think I have found it. I used 1/2 the salt like someone else recommended and I didn't miss it. I served it with grilled asparagus and biscuits. mmmm, mmmm good! I will definately be looking for more of Bergy's recipes.
Very, very good. I am not a fan of pork chops, but my husband likes them alot, so I decided to give this a try. I am glad I did. The only change that I would make is, that next time, I would probably use only 1/2 a teaspoon of salt in the marinade, as it was a little saltier than we would have liked, but other than that excellent. Thanks, Bergy.
I loved the blend of spices in this recipe, and it is so easy! I used bone in Loin chops which were still partially frozen, rubbed them, then just let them sit on the counter for about 3 hrs. Thanks Bergy, another keeper!