Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I saw Paula Deen prepare this on her show and just had to give it a try. This makes such a tender and juicy pulled pork with a little kick to it.
- 29.58 ml salt
- 29.58 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml dark brown sugar
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 7.39 ml cayenne
- 1814.36 g shoulder pork roast
- 473.18 ml apple juice
- 236.59 ml apple cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 7.39 ml liquid smoke
- 7.39 ml garlic powder
- Mix the dry rub ingredients in small bowl. Sprinkle dry rub all over the pork roast, pressing into the pork. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the liquid ingredients and pour into a large Dutch oven; add the pork. Cover the dutch oven with aluminum foil then the lid. Roast for 4 hours or until the pork is fork tender and shreds easily. Brush the roast with cooking liquid every hour.
- Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle. Shred the pork with a fork or tongs.
- Serve on buns topped with BBQ sauce of your choice and cole slaw.
This is out of this world good pulled pork!!! It makes the most tender, flavorful, moist, wonderful meat ever!!! I love the spice rub that Paula Deen used, it gave little hints of spice in the sandwich. The only thing that was hard was smelling the good smells for four hours and having to wait so long until the sandwich. I topped my sandwich with Paula's slaw too which goes perfectly with a BBQ pork sandwich (The Lady's Coleslaw (Paula Deen)) This is well worth the time and effort, you will love this BBQ pork recipe!! I will use this again and again, thanks so much for posting!!!!!
I was getting ready to post this recipe, and when I did a search, I saw that it was all ready posted. This is an excellent pork recipe.