1/4 Photos of BBQ Pork Sandwich
4 hrs 10 mins
I saw Paula Deen prepare this on her show and just had to give it a try. This makes such a tender and juicy pulled pork with a little kick to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml salt
- 29.58 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml dark brown sugar
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 7.39 ml cayenne
- 1814.36 g shoulder pork roast
- 1Mix the dry rub ingredients in small bowl. Sprinkle dry rub all over the pork roast, pressing into the pork. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 3Combine the liquid ingredients and pour into a large Dutch oven; add the pork. Cover the dutch oven with aluminum foil then the lid. Roast for 4 hours or until the pork is fork tender and shreds easily. Brush the roast with cooking liquid every hour.
- 4Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle. Shred the pork with a fork or tongs.
- 5Serve on buns topped with BBQ sauce of your choice and cole slaw.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Pork Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.5
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 190.5 mg
- Sodium 2588.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 67.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: