Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had some pork from Simple Crockpot Boston Butt. And wanted to do something different with the leftovers, so I came up with this recipe. Please feel free to use whatever BBQ sauce you like. This recipe looks alot more complicated than it really is.Submitted to " ZAAR " on January 27th, 2010.
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups leftover cooked pork
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, I used Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While oven is heating up, cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membrane.
- Also while oven is heating up, boil water for pasta.
- When water starts to boil, add pasta and cook till almost al dente'.
- In a separate pot large enough to hold cut peppers, add 4 cups of water and start boiling over medium heat.
- Add peppers and cook until peppers are slightly tender,drain.
- Mix together cooked pasta, pork, and BBQ sauce. ( at this time you can add more sauce if you think you want it "saucier " ).
- Divide pork/pasta mixture evenly between peppers, top each pepper with 1/8 cup of cheese.
- Place into a 11 x 9 inch dish that has been lined with aluminum foil and bake for about 25 minute or until filling is heated through and cheese is melted.