Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Can't remember where I got this recipe from but it is EXCELLENT !! It is sure to become a favorite of yours.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced or sliced
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 6 pork chops
- Sauce: In pan combine water,vinegar,sugar,mustard,salt, pepper,and red pepper and onion.
- **You can add a small amount of lemon juice if desired.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke and return to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Brown the chops on both sides and place in a casserole dish.
- Pour the sauce over the chops.
- Bake 350 25-30 minutes.
yum yum yummy. i used sweet onions, spicey brown mustard, rice vinegar, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and no liquid smoke (don't have any) i replaced the liquid smoke amount plus a tiny bit with honey bbq sauce. i made 3 chops so when i make 6 chops in the future i will double the recipe since i like extra sauce. it was exactly what i was looking for. thanks
This is definately a 4 1/2 star recipe.I halved the recipe,as I was only cooking for two,but wished that I hadn't! I used dark brown sugar in mine,as I think that it lends itself better to this kind of recipe than white. The smell emanating from the kitchen brought my husband running to find out what was cooking.Not only did it smell great,it tasted great too.Thanks for a top recipe!
This is atleast a 4.5 star recipe. My Wife loved it and gave it a five. My 11 year old daughter gave it a 4 and my 13 yr. old son a 4 as well. A bit tangy for them. I can't help but think internetnut may be on to something with adding the brown sugar? Will make this again. Thanks Tapout