Recipe by julieriesselmantt
This is the version of porcupine meatballs I grew up with - it is a little different than others I have seen on Zaar in that it has BBQ sauce in the sauce. This is my comfort food. I serve the meatballs on top of mac and cheese and eat it all together. Make a double batch and freeze the extra. I hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Wolfangel
I made this about a week ago and everyone seemed to enjoy the meatballs, my husband even made a meatball sandwich out of those we had leftover. I served them with spaghetti like any ordinary meatball and as I said, everyone gobbled them up. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup Minute Rice
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Mix together ground beef, rice, onion and salt in a bowl.
- Shape into 10-12 balls and place into a baking dish.
- In a saucepan, heat BBQ sauce, tomato soup, water and brown sugar to a boil so the sugar dissolves.
- Pour sauce over the meatballs.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.