Recipe by matt_maples
This is a tangy take on the basic popcorn. I suggest recipe 19023 for the BBQ sauce. I know this recipe make a lot but it is so good my family of four can go though it all in one movie night.
Top Review by Maito
Definitely has potential with a little tweaking. I think the main problem is too small an amount - I couldn't really taste the barbecue sauce/spices except in the one bite where it happened to fall.
- 1 1⁄4 cups un-popped yellow popcorn
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 paper, grocery sack
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oil,BBQ sauce, onion, chili, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- In a large pot heat shortening over medium high heat.
- Add popcorn when hot.
- Pop corn and place in bag.
- While someone shakes the bag drizzle the oil mixture over popcorn. Continue to shake to distribute evenly.
- Add Cheese then shake again to coat.