This recipe has a Polynesian touch to it. Its quick and simple to make. I made up this recipe when I was baking chicken and wanted to put a twist to it. If you like pineapple and honey BBQ sauce you will love this.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Wash chicken.
- Spray with non stick oil in a 9x13 inch baking casserole dish.
- Place chickens side by side, pressing firmly to get all of chicken into dish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper lightly over both chickens.
- Open can of pineapple chunks and drain off juice add juice to chicken for moisture while cooking along with 2 cups of water. Set pineapple aside for later.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Now add BBQ sauce, spreading evenly with brush. Cook for 8-10 minutes repeat.
- Add remaining BBQ sauce to top of chickens and top it off with your remaining pineapple.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes. Check to see if done and if not, bake another 30-45 minutes.
- This is great with stewed red skinned potatoes and baby sweet peas and strawberry short cake.