Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My kids love this. I serve with applesauce and/or coleslaw. I use Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and don't use the brown sugar called for in the recipe. Hamburger can be substituted for the ground pork.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- barbecue sauce, to taste
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown ground pork in skillet.
- Drain grease.
- Stir in brown sugar and enough BBQ sauce to thoroughly cover all the pork.
- Pat biscuits out in a pie plate.
- Pour mixture into raw crust and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 13-15 or until biscuits are brown.
- Note: I don't use all the biscuits when I use the two small cans, as listed above, or it is too much dough.
- I usually buy one can of the biscuits that are bigger around instead.
Very easy and a different recipe to make BBQ. I put pork roast into a crockpot with the BBQ sauce and brown sugar before I left for work. When I came home I shredded the pork and put it on the biscuits. Next time we will try using taco meat. Yummy:)
I used the smaller biscuits, but just one pack and hamburger. I think it would be more flavorful with pork. I used the Sweet Baby Ray's sauce also and sauteed a few onions with the hamburger.
I used the larger biscuits, but next time I'll do the smaller ones--the big ones just didn't quite get done before the top edges were getting real brown! I used leftover pulled pork and the Sweet Baby Ray's(thank you for mentioning this sauce---it is wonderful, we love it!!!!) DH says he wants the leftovers for his lunch pail-it really was very good. We're big barbecue lovers, and this was a really good way to enjoy it!!!! Hopefully, I'll get to try it soon using the ground pork!