Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Peanuts with the flavor like BBQ chips.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 250*F. Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add liquid smoke and peanutes; toss to coat.
- Combine the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over nuts; toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer in on to well greased baking pan.
- Bake at 250*F for 1 hour, stirring once half way through.
- Spread on wasxed paper to cool. (a must do).
- Store in an airtight container.
I made these yummies for Culinary Quest 2014. I used 1/4 cup of Splenda for the sugar and was quite happy with that sweet level. Loved the smokie spicey - salty taste. Very quick and easy to make. I think they will completely vanish while DH and I watch a movie tonight. :D
Very tasty and sooo easy to make. DH really enjoyed them and I'm sure there will be none left very soon. I used "lightly" salted peanuts and realize that I should have used "salted" peanuts or should have added salt to the spice mix. Will definitely make these delicious nuts again! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag., May, 2013.
These are really good and easy to make! The egg whites and sugar give the peanuts a coating (like honey roasted nuts) but the spices make them taste like BBQ chips. Are too easy to snack on, I had to hide the bag or DH and I would have finished them off before dinner!! Made for PRMR Tag February 2010.