Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Moe "trash", ready for snacking and partying!
Make and share this BBQ Party and Snack Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups bbq Fritos corn chips
- 2 cups crunchy Cheetos cheese-flavored snacks
- 2 cups cheez-it hot and spicy crackers
- 2 cups corn nuts
- 2 cups sesame sticks (I used cheddar flavor)
- 2 cups potato sticks (I used bacon-cheddar flavor)
- 1 cup roasted soybeans
- 8 tablespoons butter or 8 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine Fritos, Chee-tos, Cheez-Its, corn nuts, sesame sticks, potato sticks, and soy nuts in a large bowl, mixing well.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter or margarine; add the Worcestershire, paprika, garlic and onion powders, chili powder, liquid smoke, bbq sauce and Tabasco.
- Combine with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture over snack mix and stir well until all of the snacks seem equally coated.
- Spread the snack mix on a large flat baking sheet that has a lipped edge and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes (this promotes even drying).
- Mixture is done when it is dry and crisp; the sesame sticks get crispest as they cool.
- Cool snack mix and store in an airtight container until ready for use.
The combination of ingredients really intrigued me, so I made them for my Christmas eve snack "meal." I accidently "burned" them a bit (the sauce began to char), because they still seemed quite wet after 50 min., but they began to burn in that last 10. Even without that "smoky" taste, I think the flavor would have overwhelmed the ingredients, and made the interesting combination a bit pointless (if it tastes like Chex mix, why not use Chex?). Maybe this would just be a really neat combination of flavors as a trail mix-type snack, without the sauce and baking step.