I think the quality of the bun is extremly important for a great hamburger so choose them carefully. Use what ever condiments on the burger that you LOVE. Mushrooms are great. and I always have cheese.
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (use a good quality, it's worth it for the flavor)
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 pineapple rings
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 other hamburger buns
- oil, for spraying the grill
- Mix together the hamburger,salt, pepper, parmesan, garlic, onion soup powder and soy sauce.
- Shape into four patties (I sometimes only make 3) and dredge them in flour.
- N.B. very important! Chill until ready to cook.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium High heat, spray the grill.
- BBQ the patties apprx 6 minutes each side.
- During the last bit of cooking place a pineapple ring on each burger (after youhave flipped them).
- Toast one side of you bun!
- Get ready for OOHs& AAAAHS.
Thanks Bergy for another terrific recipe. Made these last night for supper. Wonderfully seasoned. I prefer freshly shredded Parmesan cheese over the kind you buy already grated that has the consistency of saw-dust. That ingredient was definitely a plus. Just an all-around great sweet/spicy burger. Turned out very juicy. Bravo!!
Bergy does it again!! These were AWESOME! DH was raving! :) I was sort of wondering about the "dusting the burgers with flour" part, but it made a nice sort of crust on the burgers and they were really moist. Perfect! DH had his with teriyaki sauce. YUMMY! :)